Tuesday, February 24, 2009

All Because You Kissed Me Goodnight

I climbed the door and opened the stairs
Said my pajamas and put on my prayers
I turned off the bed and crawled into the light
All because you kissed me goodnight.

Next morning I woke and scrambled my shoes
Polish my eggs and toasted the news
I couldn’t tell my left from my right
All because you kissed me goodnight.

That evening at last, I felt normal again
So I picked up my mother and called the phone
I spoke to the puppy and threw Dad a bone
Even at midnight the sun was still bright
All because you kissed me goodnight.

This poem is so fantastic. It was nice and funny, and i appreciate its creativity. Even though it is of anonymous authorship, I admire this poem and its author. Great!

2 comments:

WHITEShadow said...

it is really a great peom. it has it's own style.

Mish McEntire said...

It's not a poem, it's a song. Written in 1949 by George Wyle and Edward Pola. Recorded by Doris Day, Tony Martin, Fran Warren, Ethel Merman, and many others.

http://www.songlyrics.com/tony-martin/i-said-my-pajamas-and-put-on-my-prayers-lyrics/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Said_My_Pajamas_(and_Put_on_My_Pray%27rs)

One of my granmother and my favourites! :)